- Principal: Chris Titus
- Address: 9301 S. Wights Fort Road (3400 West), West Jordan, UT 84088
- Phone: 801-256-5900
- Fax: 801-256-5930
- Home Page: http://www.jatc-wj.org/
Jordan School District is committed to serving students by providing opportunities for them to realize their potential as contributing citizens and life-long learners. To better prepare our students for future careers, Jordan School District is developing new programs in a state-of-the-art facility located on the Jordan Campus of Salt Lake Community College.
The Career and Technical Education department in Jordan School District has a well-earned reputation for providing high-quality programs staffed by skilled educators, who are supported with excellent equipment and training. This new facility and the accompanying programs will build on these strengths. Articulation and collaboration with Salt Lake Community College and other post-secondary institutions will be enhanced making the transition into further education seamless for the students.
Students who take advantage of this great opportunity will be prepared to further their education or to enter the workforce with the skills and experiences needed for success.
- Biotechnology – Students learn to apply scientific and engineering principles and practices to assist in the development of new materials or to modify micro-organisms, plants, and animals.
- Commercial Aircraft Pilot – Students learn the fundamentals of aviation, principles of flight, aircraft operations, weather, navigation and safety. This program operates on the basis of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations.
- Dental Assistant – Students learn to assist dentists with routine clinical procedures, laboratory processes, and administrative duties in this semester long program.
- Engineering – Students learn to design, produce, and experiment with prototypes (models) in a variety of engineering fields including CAD, CAM, digital electronics and pneumatics. The program will incorporate Project Lead the Way.
- Medical Assistant – Students learn to assist with the treatment and care of patients in both administrative and clinical procedures.
- Nurse Assistant (CNA) – The certified nurse assistant program is a semester course available to juniors and seniors who are at least 16 years of age. This course provides an introduction to the healthcare field and the role of the nursing assistant.
- Pharmacy Technician – Students learn to assist pharmacists in providing pharmaceutical services and care to patients.
- Physical / Occupational Therapy – Students learn components of exercise science including: anatomy and physiology, basic principles of injury prevention, recognition, evaluation, and management of physical rehabilitation.
- Surgical Technician – Students learn to assist during surgery. Skills include: proper sterilization, patient after-care, instrument handling and surgical inventory.
- Teacher Education / Paraeducation – This course is designed to help students decide if they would like to pursue a career in Paraeducation, Special Education, Education, or other careers in disability services.
- Veterinary Science Assistant / Technician – Students learn to function as professional technical support to veterinarians. Skills include animal care and treatment, clinical pathology, outpatient care, dental prophylaxis, surgical assisting, and other advanced procedures.